General overview concerning the use of the tools of molecular, macromolecular, sol-gel
chemistries and physico-chemistry to elaborate nanomaterials, control the organization and the
properties of self-assembled macromolecular structures and organic-inorganic hybrid materials.
- To know the main fabrication processes of inorganic nanomaterials (quantum dots, metals, metal
- To be able to describe the basics, fundamental chemistry and physics of nanosystems;
- To know the basis of block copolymer self-assembly at the bulk state;
- To know the main properties and applications of block copolymer-based materials as well as the
main techniques to characterize them;
- To manipulate simple physico-chemical concepts to describe functional hybrid materials;
- To know the main classes and applications of hybrid materials;
- To be able to propose different synthetic strategies towards functional hybrid materials.